Saturday, March 24, 2012

Vintage Shutter Wall Decor

So everyone who has seen this next piece has told me how cool it is. Which makes me laugh, because this shutter was living in the backseat of my car for probably a month before I finally took five minutes to put on the hardware and hang it!

It has definitely added a "country style" to my mudroom/laundry area and provides a nice transition from my folk art kitchen to my shabby chic half-bath.

















The shutter was picked up at the Habitat for Humanity store for $5 (a bit much, but worth it for a piece that doesn't need to be repainted or distressed).

The two handles were picked up a LONG time ago at the same store for about $1 for the pair. I knew I wanted to use them for something crafty but I had no idea what that project would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment